Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2002, 05:42 PM   #1
aldesign
Elven Warrior

BBC1 NOW! LOTR Mickey-take

Comedy Duo French and Saunders, who last year did a piss take of StarWarsEp1, have come back to do a mickey take of LOTR film.

So far they have done the Intro, with plastic ants, and a voice over, and then did Grandalfs (gandalfs) arival in Hobbiton, where he found Dodo (frodo) reading a copy of Harry Potter, they then preceded to take the mickey of the Laughing scene, and then Height difference, then gandalf shot some kids with a firework, and a pan out of hobbiton reavealed loads of TellyTubbies in their houses.

The indoor scene, they continued to take the mickey of Height differneces, with Grandalf talking down to a Ken doll, and then walking past the lampshade, mumbling, taking a fee steps back, and the bckstge crew lowered it, so grandalf could this time walk straight into it.

Dido then burnt his hands on the Ring from the fire, and blamed grandlaf for mis-placed trust. Then Dodo read the Elvis off the ring, taking mickey of the accents and mumblings.

ill post updates.

andy

Last edited by aldesign : 03-29-2002 at 06:14 PM.
aldesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 05:56 PM   #2
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Grandalf and Saucermon had a chat around a plantir (which was actualyy a paper weight)
Saucermon acted really Camp and moany.

Dodo and hobbits (who were just 3 kids dressed up) all had giant polystyreen feet on, then Dodo took her's off in favour of some nike trainers, while they ran away from a black rider.

They then hid behind a single branch of tree that was in the middle of a clearing, they held this tiny stick above their heads, and Dodo asked the kids to be quiet, while a horse pulled up, and it showed a shot of the horse hoof and the blackriders hands and hood, he then put one hand on the stick and looked over it, (all this till in the middle of a clearing). He gave up and left.

Wizard battle, then taken the mickey of, with loads of flashy moves.

Council of Elrond, he had a heart attack when saying MORDOOOR... then he got up, and continued talking about his ancestors and other place names, boring the council to death.
(when mentioning place names, they used Desert names, like StickyTofeePudidng, Mnt.Marshmellow, and the riverTeaCake.)

Gimply got angry, and upset the children, (u mean hobbits), while Aragorn offered round some Sweets.

Last edited by aldesign : 03-29-2002 at 06:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:04 PM   #3
aldesign
Elven Warrior

in Mordoor they were reading the Balins Book, then showing a miniture model door, a hard pushed through it, and started pushing Cocroaches in,
Camera back to normal, and there were a few badly dressed orcs with Halloween Goblins masks on, but they had cameras, and everyone screamed "papperazzi!"

They then ran along the bridge, and Grandalf turned round, with out showing the balrog, he shouted for about 5min "u shall not ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!", then looked out of breath, and started to fall.
The scene changed, and he was hanging over a cliff, he looked down, and asked the bckstge crew to remove the step ladder,
he said Fly u fools, and then fell in slow motion
with Dodo Screaming!!

Last edited by aldesign : 03-29-2002 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2002, 06:04 PM   #4
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

aldesign, why do you have to be so beedin' vulgar knowinbg we have children visiting the Moot?

"piss" is still not considered "polite conversational colloquialism" in most circles. Clean up the language.

Other than that, Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders are bloody hilarious! Ever see "The Comic Strip" with them and Ade Edumnsen, Rik Mayall and Nigel Planer?
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2002, 06:11 PM   #5
aldesign
Elven Warrior

Galadriel Grandmother of Arwen, Mother of Jordan, and Daughter or Nympomaniac. And her saucer of water, with Dodo, who looked into and saw Bonono (from U2) singing some 'Take over the world' type song.

Galadriel, then did her mental bit by Swinger her arms around and around, pan to Dodo, who has his eyes popping out, Galadriel does her "ive passed, and will diminish into the west", turns to Dodo, who says "im sorry, i wasnt paying attention".

Galadriel says "just hold up ur over sized ring, so that the camera can zoom through it to the credits".

THE END
i dont know if thats it, or if there is another one next week.
Sorry, i didnt think it would end there either.

Last edited by aldesign : 03-29-2002 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-30-2002, 03:10 PM   #6
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I saw it last night, I didn't find it paticularly funny.

Rik Mayall and Ade Edmunson, now they are a brilliant comic duo.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 03:19 PM   #7
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Rik Mayall and Ade Edmunson, now they are a brilliant comic duo.
Are those two the Bottom two? I know Rik Mayall is in it. I was watching Black Books on C4 so I only saw from the bit with the "you shall not passsssssss" but I now have the full commentary, so thankyou, Aldesign. I will watch it later as I taped it for Eowyn.

I thought it was funny. French and Saunders are v. funny and I liked the links into the other sketches too.

You've got to accept that people will take the mick out of it, it's been publicised and talked about for ages. I thought it was done in a way that wouldn't affect the actors (apart from the camp 'Grandalf').
Old 03-30-2002, 03:44 PM   #8
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

My Dad came in to check that I wasnt having a heart attack. Seriously. DODO'S EYES!!!!

AND THE TELLYTUBBY!!!!!! HEE HEE! NEVER LAUGHED SO HARD IN MY LIFE

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #9
Feraway Hawkbriar
Elven Warrior

.....what the freekin heck are you people talking about ???? o_O*
Feraway Hawkbriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:13 AM   #10
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Feraway, Dawn French and Jennifer Saunders are a British comedy team which puts out a show on the BBC called "French and Suanders". This last week they put on a pardoy of "Lord of the Rings".

Seriously, have you never seen "Absolutely Fabulous"???? Jennifer Saunders plays Edena Monsoon. Oh, and Joanna Lumley plays Patsy Stone the middle-aged slag.....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
Old 03-31-2002, 09:30 AM   #11
Glorious Glorfindel
Elven Warrior

tee hee, that was bloomin marvolous u know! i like the u shall not pass and it was like 'paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaass' u expected her to pass out at any moment! i can't believe dale winton played saruman or soucermon!
Na-chaered palan-diriel
o galadhremmin ennorath
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, si nef aearon!

add a drop of lavander to milk.
leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
Glorious Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:29 PM   #12
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Arwen Undomiel

Sounds hilarious! I wish I was British so I could watch it...

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2002, 03:56 PM   #13
aldesign
Elven Warrior

im glad to have been of service.

im happy for once, that us Uk residents got some thing the US didnt. YAY!

anyway.... i thought u americans received BBC1, and BBC2, and all the other BBC channels anyway? on ur digital and such services?

andy
Old 04-03-2002, 03:14 PM   #14
eowyn144
Elven Warrior

i saw it and suprisingly didn't find it funny at all.i know i should have laughed as they were just taking the mickey but i just found it strangely offensive.maybe i'm taking my tolien obsession to far or maybe it just wasn't funny.
some of the sets were quite good though. e.g orthanc.
maybe i should just lighten up a bit
Old 04-03-2002, 03:28 PM   #15
Rosie-Lass
Elven Warrior

You should lighten up!
Old 04-03-2002, 03:57 PM   #16
Comic Book Guy
Best Ex-Administrator ever

I never found it offensive, I just found it unfunny Rosie-Lass.
Comic Book Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:03 PM   #17
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

we have "BBC America" over here, aldesign, and we also get French and Suanders on Friday and Thursday nights. Judging from Parkinson, we even get pretty up-to-date material off the BBC. We get BBC news, of course, and a lot of comedy like reruns of Father Ted and Coupling, as well as too much "Ground Force" and "Changing Rooms". "My Fair Lady, for some reason, played fifty-six times recently......

Right now there is some tribute to John Cleese called "forever Cleese" being rerun.

But, we get a good Soccer show which allows me to catch up on the Premier League, so it's worth it having digital cable. Plus I get Fox Sports World which carries La Liga, Serie A and Bundeslige games.......