Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-01-1999, 11:29 PM   #1
anduin

Which line would you get into first?

Here's the scenario: SW, EP2 tickets and LOTR tickets go on sale the same day, at the same time. Which line would you get into first? And none of that, "I would make my squirt brother wait in the other line so I could have the best of both worlds", BS. Cuz, we would all do that. I personally, will be in the LOTR line.
Old 11-02-1999, 12:33 AM   #2
bmilder

Re: Which line would you get into first?

That would be a very tough decision for me. But, I think I would have to choose Episode 2. I already know the LotR story, and I'd be anxious to see the completely original next chapter of the Star Wars saga. (Ok, I take that partly back. I'm sure the whole thing will have been spoiled for me months in advance ) I'm still unsure whether LotR will be a big hit or not. SW will definitely be a big hit, so that will be the line to be in. Who knows... if LotR flops I can get in line after I see SW and get same day tickets :P.
Old 11-02-1999, 12:59 AM   #3
anduin

Holy cow, that's a very good point. :P However, even though SWEP2 will be completely new, we have 'seen' most of it's characters. I'm dying to see Hobbit's portrayed on the screen. I can't wait to see Gandalf, in the study with Frodo, explainly The Ring to him for the first time. I want to see that 'damned' Hobbit Hole.
Old 11-02-1999, 01:04 AM   #4
bmilder

Good points. I just hope I don't have to face this dilemma. Besides, unless PJ or any other movie person was insane, no film would open the same day as Star Wars. Anduin, you deserve some kind of award for making all these new topics .
Old 11-02-1999, 09:11 AM   #5
Freaksaus

Defenitly the LOTR movie. I like starwars but i LOVE LOTR. There are no stupid questions, just stupid people
Old 11-02-1999, 12:35 PM   #6
peregrin

Welcome, Freaksaus!
Old 11-02-1999, 12:41 PM   #7
anduin

Question for Freaksaus

Freaksaus, are you from Holland?
Old 11-02-1999, 02:29 PM   #8
Darth Tater

Re: Question for Freaksaus

I'd have to say Star Wars. Same reasons as Ben.
Old 11-03-1999, 10:15 PM   #9
galadriel1

"The line forms here!"

LOTR! Most definitely!My cousin and I have wondered for the last 20 years, "When will someone ever make the movie?" We`ve waited long enough! We`ll be there at the head of the line!
Old 11-04-1999, 02:24 AM   #10
The One Ring

Re: "The line forms here!"

See Tater and Ben for my answer.
Old 11-04-1999, 05:37 AM   #11
galadriel1

Re: The One Ring

Hey--I like your pic. Anyone know where I can get a good pic of The Lady Galadriel so I can add it? Please let me know! Nice to meet you all.
Old 11-21-1999, 11:30 PM   #12
Elanor

Lord of the Rings!!!

Come on, guys! Everyone likes Star Wars, but LotR doesn't have as many people as obsessed over it as us! It's not fair. We are going to have to do the insane antics when it comes out that will make people pay attention!! Who's with me? Let's start the line now!!!
Old 11-22-1999, 03:21 AM   #13
Darth Tater

Re: Lord of the Rings!!!

But you see, I've already watched "Lord of the Rings: The Movie" in my head at least a million times. I haven't seen a convinsing "Episode 2" yet.
Old 12-05-1999, 06:30 AM   #14
Gimli the Dwarf

I agree with Elanor, though they probably won't be on the same day. Tht would be a very hard decidioun .
Old 12-05-1999, 08:08 AM   #15
anduin

Of course they won't be on the same day, that would be insane :P I was just curious to see which held the most importance for each person. It would be a hard decision......so Gimili which line would you get into?
Old 12-30-1999, 12:47 AM   #16
Gimli the Dwarf

LotR. as I said, I agree with Elanor. We have to sleep on the sidewalk for weeks, watching telivisions outside the theater, buy all sorts of LotR toys, you know, the little electric glowing rings, action figures with computer chips to really make them talk.....
Old 12-30-1999, 12:51 AM   #17
Eruve

There is no question in my mind, it would be LOTR. Don't get me wrong, I like SW... I've seen the original movies(*ahem* when they first came out *duck*) but I haven't even seen TPM yet. Yikes!! OTOH, I've been told on another board *cough* not to bother...
Old 12-30-1999, 04:34 AM   #18
anduin

I almost forgot about this thread, thanks Eruve :)

LOL!! I saw the original movies too And I would almost agree with that *other* board......except for, after I gave it a chance, I didn't think it was all that bad. At least not for what it was.....a children's movie. All the more reason I am so looking forward to LOTR
Old 12-30-1999, 04:32 PM   #19
bmilder

Re: I almost forgot about this thread, thanks Eruve :)

Gee, I wonder what *other*cough*basher*cough* board would give you that idea? TPM was a delight, and you should see it if only for its value to the story :P. Plus, don't you want to judge it for yourself?
Old 12-30-1999, 07:25 PM   #20
Hernalt

I'll be in line for..

GalaxyQuestII with Gwen DeMarco... X-D