Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-27-2000, 01:52 AM   #1
Gilthalion

Gilthalion's 500th Post! Hurrah!

BLAST! Doing ICQ for the first time with bmilder & shan and lost my work! First, to post, then to Edit...
================================================== =========

The little hobbit staggered up the last slope and rested, panting, his hand against a cool white marble column. He had reached the Gates of Nobility at last!

As he caught his breath, he thought back over his adventures on The Tolkien Trail through the ENTMOOT since he had arrived not long ago!

He had gotten input and encouragement to read THE HOBBIT at the local bookstore. He had learned to use his computer better so that he could audition his readings for the ENTMOOT crowd. He found many new friends! He wrote poems and roleplayed (great death scene) at ELVENHOME. He became HOBBIT HOOD, PERIAN OF THIEVES at BAG END. He started a Tolkien Fan Novel on his own message board with handy advice gleaned from the writings of an Elven Loremaster and from the knowledgable Bar Maid of THE PRANCING PONY. He began the portrayal of SARUMAN OF MANY COLOURS at the ENTMOOT RPG. He learned of ENCHANTING CAMELOT! And best of all, his readings and scribblings were featured entertainment in RIVENDELL on the TOLKIEN TRAIL!

He turned to set his hand on the golden Gate of Nobility. But with the tail of his eye he saw some colour down the Trail behind him. It was Eruve and juntel toiling up the slope.

He had hardly thought about it when he had passed first the one and then the other in a mad dash as fast as his furry little feet could carry him! But they had labored long from nigh on the first days and still continued faithfully on.

Would you believe that the sentimental old hobbit just couldn't go in by himself! Instead of passing the last post that would make him an Elven Lord, he sat right down with his back against a column, took a load off his bare feet, took out his pipe, and was soon watching the stars kindling in the sky above the setting sun. He blew a smokering that was lit by the golden glow of the sunset and he waited...

================================================== =========
Now let me go create a new character for additional use...

Old 09-27-2000, 02:13 AM   #2
Johnny Lurker

Congratulations.

NT

Old 09-27-2000, 03:39 AM   #3
arynetrek

Re: Congratulations.

we now have 2...

aryne *

Old 09-27-2000, 08:29 AM   #4
emilsson

Congrats to our new Elven Lord .

Old 09-27-2000, 08:45 AM   #5
Son of the Suns I

Congrats on 500 posts!

Old 09-27-2000, 08:54 AM   #6
Fat middle

i don't know what work have you lost, but i'm sure it wasn't better than your final post.

Congratulations, you have deserved it!

Old 09-27-2000, 10:46 AM   #7
Saruman Brokenwhite

Bah!

Old 09-27-2000, 10:57 AM   #8
Fat middle

:lol: "welcome" bad guy

Old 09-27-2000, 12:00 PM   #9
Eruve

Now just wait with the congratulations. He's not an Elf Lord yet. This is his 500th post; the Elf Lord kicks in at 501! He's being nice and waiting for juntel and me... You don't really have to, you know, Gil. I know I make a big deal about the race for Elf Lord, but it's just a game. It's part of the fun. Congratulations on your 500th post!

Old 09-27-2000, 01:34 PM   #10
DayStar2002

wow i don't even have that many outside of this place!!!!

Old 09-27-2000, 04:59 PM   #11
Hobbit Hood

Pfui! spat the little hobbit, from the cover of the trees. Gil might be nice enough now, but just wait until he accepts his Lordship! He'll be lording it over everyone like they were just peasants beneath his furry feet!

The legendary burglar was not impressed!

Old 09-27-2000, 11:17 PM   #12
RovingTurtle

Congrats, maybe one day i'll be so "posting savvy" as u
/me cries tears of joy

Old 09-28-2000, 05:49 AM   #13
Shanamir Duntak

... No, don't worry Hobbit Hood the one Lording everyone and spitting on angry peasant is me...
But still, I am a Human stuck into an elf body...

Old 09-28-2000, 10:23 PM   #14
anduin

Then maybe you would like to go for Human Lord.....all you need is one gazillion posts for that.

Old 09-28-2000, 10:27 PM   #15
Darth Tater

Congradulations, sept I cant' really give you those yet, still waiting for one more post...

Old 09-28-2000, 10:30 PM   #16
anduin

I knew you would be clever.

Old 09-28-2000, 10:55 PM   #17
Hobbit Hood

Clever?

Not Gilthalion!

If he were clever he would strip the gold off those gates and carry as much off as he could before anyone else got there!

Old 09-28-2000, 11:28 PM   #18
anduin

Re: Clever?

No, I meant Tater.

Old 09-29-2000, 03:46 PM   #19
Saruman Brokenwhite

Re: Clever?

Tater? That spud? That tuber? That underground growth? He's only fit to be mashed, or french fried or chipped, or julianned, or made a salad, or au grautinned, or made a soup, or as rare good ballast, or as food for blight, or for making vodka, or for spelling bees...

Well, he may actually be pretty clever after all!

Old 10-03-2000, 02:04 AM   #20
Ghost of Gilthalion

Vanished? Banished!

Little did the little hobbit know that when he sat down to wait and to rest, it would be his death!

Banned from the surroundings he knew so well by the careless keystrokes of a fickle goddess, he haunted the area as a disembodied spectre, envying the living, and yet filled with an impotent fury!

Listen! You can hear his plaintive wail!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOO!