Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 04:29 PM   #1
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Entmoot Christmas Party, 2005!!!!

"Come in as yourselves," Lief cried, "And bring AT LEAST one present for someone! Even if you don't know others, bring them presents!

"This RPG is loose with the rules. You can bring a million dollars as a present, or socks. It's up to you. Tolkien's world also can merge with other worlds or realities, ours or other fantasy realities, in this RPG. We're in Tolkien's world, but other worlds can interlope into it.

"I think it fitting that we should hold the Christmas celebration in . . . Fangorn forest. This is Entmoot's party, or one of them, after all."

Lief was clad in slick green body armor, over a dark gray-almost black-bodysuit and a forest green cloak. A lightsaber hung at his belt.

Lief looked about him at the others present and mounted a Rohirrim steed (the real rider was slain by orcs). His was certainly an excellent horse, as a highly talented horse-trainer named Imarwyn had trained it. Lief then thundered off toward the forest. He slowed his horse, after a little while, to a trot. The dramatic exit was finished, after all. There was no more need to go that hastily.

"I think we should start the party before the 25th." Lief grinned. "Does anyone know of a good spot in the forest for a celebration? A place where we won't have any Huorns stomping on the proceedings?"
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-11-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

....we hear the hum of a transporter and Spock appears. Hey, Leif, here's a box of chocolate covered Macadamia Nuts....now we just have to go a half a click to the clearing and we can set up a party tent.....

maybe we can find a Hannuka Bush
Old 12-11-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Lief's grin turns maniacal and obsessive, and a lunatic gleam flashes behind his eyes. "Chocolate," he whispers, near choking with pleasure. "Chocolate . . ."
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 12-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Lief and Spock paused as they heard the jingling of sleigh bells.

Up pulled Valandil in his fancy one-horse open sleigh... a '27 model Dasher (as in 3427... Second Age).

"Hello!" called Valandil, as his sleigh pulled up for a stop. "Since I knew we would be in Fangorn, I brought my own firewood... AND IT HAD ALL FALLEN BY ITSELF!" he called, looking around rather uneasily. "What say we start a nice bonfire?"

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-11-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"Splendid. The weather is rather nippy." Lief shifted slightly in his saddle, with great difficulty managing to tear his eyes off the chocolate, and looked over Val's fancy sleigh. "Right. I'll see about finding a Hannukah Bush with Spock while you prepare the fire. I'm very much in favor of the Maccabean revolt, you see."

Unable to resist for a second longer, Lief tore the paper off the chocolates and popped one in his mouth. The heavenly ecstasy seemed to lift him off his saddle and drop him several feet behind his horse. Wait a moment . . . it had dropped him behind his horse.

Lief hastily finished eating the chocolate and hurried up to rejoin the others, brushing twigs and leaves off of himself. "I'll just save the rest of the chocolate for a bit later."

He looked up at Valandil. "After you finish lighting the fire, would you start cooking a Christmas meal on it? Or finding someone else to do it, if you're no good at cooking, of course. The scent could draw Spock and me back to camp."

Old 12-11-2005, 08:18 PM   #6
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oooh, a party!!!

*RÃ*an rummages in her closet excitedly*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:40 PM   #7
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Acalewia trots up to Valandil.
"need help there? hopefully treebeard can keep his hurons in check" She looks around
"is it just you right now? wheres Leif and Spock?" Acalewia starts unloading several gifts from her horse.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 12-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #8
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Meanwhile, Lief and Spock got hopelessly lost. "Darn," Lief said as he ran into a thick bramble strewn thicket. He backed up, grateful for his armor. He glanced around, looking for either the camp or the bush. If they didn't get back before dark, he might miss part of the party!

"Hopefully it'll take the others a little while to get set up," he remarked to Spock.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:41 PM   #9
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia
Acalewia trots up to Valandil.
"need help there? hopefully treebeard can keep his hurons in check" She looks around
"is it just you right now? wheres Leif and Spock?" Acalewia starts unloading several gifts from her horse.
Valandil dropped what he was doing and his face showed his exasperation. "I've told you... it's huORNS, not HuRONS... Hurons are an Indian tribe! Oh great, look what you've done now!"

Then Valandil's face sank as a band of eight Huron Indian warriors emerged from the forest. "Oh great..." he deadpanned, "I'm sure they'll be wanting the rest of the chocolates."

The Indians let out a party whoop, started doing some of their wild Indian dances, complete with rythmic drum beats and started looking for an Ent to tie to a tree.

"You REALLY don't want to party with these guys..." continued Valandil.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 12-11-2005, 10:31 PM   #10
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Horror pierced Lief like an arrow. NO! He couldn't have . . . he had! He had left his present of chocolates back at the camp . . . . "Nnnoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!"

Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 AM   #11
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Gandalf

deep in the trees, Spock percieves the problem.....his communicator clicks open and we hear "Spock to Hannuka Harry, beam down a larger box of those macadamian nuts and the box of lights I left up there, directly to the large clearing where you read Rian's life form.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #12
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

RÃ*an walks into camp, in a lovely dress of purple-y hues, with a narrow Christmas-y trim of white fluffy stuff (these are technical dressmaking terms, btw ) to celebrate Christmas with her Entmoot friends.

It is strangely quiet in camp, but ... what is that lovely box over there?

Her delicate half-elven nose detects chocolate!

"How sweet of Lief to leave me these chocolates, since he isn't here to greet me!" thinks RÃ*an with delight, and scarfs them down (in a lady-like manner, of course)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-12-2005, 12:08 PM   #13
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

EarthBound enters the clearing in her usual manner...

"SMASH, BANG!"
"Whoa!!!" EB cries as she collides with a lost tribe of indians.
The indians quickly leave the party.
"Errr, sorry about that," EB calls after them. "I was in a bit of a hurry to get to the chocolates and nuts before they were all gone."

"Oh look! My new white dress is now a shade of forest green...lousy grass stains!"

"Ahh, I see RÃ*an has already obtained the box of chocolates...Remember RÃ*an, 'With Great Chocolate...Comes Great Responsability', errrr, so scoots over and share the goodies!

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:51 PM   #14
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Gandalf

...looks at the open box of chocolate....."I can see we need to post a guard in order that all can enjoy this treat....hmmm, I have just the fellow.

http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts...ary_snoopy.gif

Let's all remember those who serve in our stead.

and now, where has Lief gone, I saw him trying to lug a tree into the clearing and then he vanished.

Last edited by Spock : 12-12-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:53 PM   #15
Rían

"Oh, I thought it was with great chocolate comes great big fat hips!" said RÃ*an with a sigh of relief. "I'd rather have responsibility than big hips! At least I can ignore my responsibilities - it's hard to ignore hips!"

*passes some chocolate to EB*

"Oh, I love your impressionistic artsy white dress with Monet-like green splotches!" says RÃ*an with admiration, and then changes her lovely purple-y dress to a deep rich Christmas-y red dress (it's a magic dress)

Old 12-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #16
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Lief sat down happily with the larger box of chocolates Spock had brought and began eating them. "Thanks," he murfed through the delectable desert.

Then, when he was quite cheerful again, he again began to look for the Hannukah Bush, or the camp. Er . . . he was looking for something other than brambles, anyway.

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 12-12-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #17
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

..."well," says Spock, "if Lief doesn't find a tree soon, I'm having an aluminum pole beamed down for Festivus.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #18
Rían

OOC - hey, Lief, the box was beamed down to where MY life-form was! (As far as I can tell, I'm in camp and you're NOT!) So unless you can get Spock to beam you down one, too, you can't be eating it!

oh wait, it was macadamia nuts that he beamed to Rian's life-form ... oh well, chocolate for everyone!!!! *chocolate beams everywhere*

Old 12-12-2005, 02:25 PM   #19
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Elanor enters the party quietly, goes to the cooking area, and starts making a tasty wassail (non alcoholic).

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-12-2005, 03:26 PM   #20
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Gandalf

Spock speaks quietly into his communicator and a moment later and Aluminum Pole is beamed down

Now we can begin with the airing of greivances.

Actually, I'd forego that if I could find some roast duck.
Closed Thread