Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-29-2001, 10:07 PM   #1
Frodo'sGirl
Sapling

I don't know if anyone has done this already but here goes

If you could change anything or add anything to the wonderful
magical lord of the rings trilogy what would it be?
If anything I would add more to the book like what happened to Frodo and the others after the Grey Havens.
What about u guys?
Frodo'sGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 02:22 AM   #2
CardenIAntauraNauco
Elven Warrior

I would have loved to hear more about the other Istari.
particularly Radagast the Brown. It would prove very interesting reading material.
"We will have peace","Yes we will have peace...we will have peace when you and all your works have perished - and the works of your dark lord to whom you would deliver us. You are a liar,Saruman,and a corrupter of men's hearts. You hold out your hand to me and I percieve only a finger of the claw of Mordor. Cruel and cold! Even if your war on me was just - as it was not,for were you ten times as wise you would have no right to rule me and mine, for your own profit you desired-even so, what will you say of your Torches in westfold and the children that lie dead there? And they hewed Hama's body before the gates of Hornburg, after he was dead. When you hang from a gibbet at your window for the sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and Orthanc. So much for the House of Eorl. A lesser son of greater Sires am I, but I do not need to lick your fingers. Turn elsewither for I fear your voice has lost it's charm.
CardenIAntauraNauco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:23 AM   #3
Play Girl
Elven Warrior

More girls! I would like to know more about what happened in the Shire during their absense. What happened with Legolas and Gimli in Lothlorien to make them become best friends, more about the ents and where their wives could possible could have got to.
Ah well I suppose just more of everything really.
Play Girl

Frodo lives!
Play Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 09:15 PM   #4
KGamgee
Elven Warrior

If you wanna know more about the characters after the book, look in Appendix B, towards the end. (Sam has 13 kids, is elected mayors 7 times, Merry gets married, and a bunch of other cool stuff)
KGamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 12:40 PM   #5
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Gandalf

I fully agree; reading can provide many answers.
Old 01-02-2002, 01:51 PM   #6
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

I would make it certain whether the Balrog had wings or not.
Also, Pippin and Merry should have been more central characters. But that's just my humble opinion.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 05:44 PM   #7
Kirinki54
Elven Warrior

I would love to read a scene where Gandalf have gone to have his long awaited talk with Tom Bombadil. The things they might tell each other!
'They need more gardens,' said Legolas. 'The houses are dead, and there is too little here that grows and is glad. If Aragorn comes into his own, the people of the Wood shall bring him birds that sing and trees that do not die.'
Kirinki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 06:21 PM   #8
Strange-Looking Lurker
Elven Warrior

I would love to hear more about Legolas and Gimli after the book. Their work in Gondor and the Glittering Caves. I would REALLY like to learn more about when Legolas took Gimli over the sea! Ent's and entwives. I'd like to know more about Gandalf and Aragorn's relationship and adventures. And a bunch of other things!
Old 01-03-2002, 03:36 AM   #9
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

In addition to the Three Rings for the Elves, Seven for Dwarves and Nine for Men, I'd add Five for Ents!

"Five Rings for the big tree-things..."
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 12:45 PM   #10
andustar
Elven Warrior

As for what I want to know...

"The names of all the stars, and of all living things, and the whole history of Middle Earth and Over-heaven and of the Sundering Seas."

And yes, what Gandalf and Bombadil said to each other, what happened to the Ents, and most definately the Five Rings.

Wasn't it agreed that they had escaped to the Christmas carol? "on the fifth day of Christmas..." I seem to remember a thread like that...
Old 01-03-2002, 12:53 PM   #11
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Heck, I wouldn't add to, nor subtract from, the Master's handiwork. To me, it is fleshed out just perfectly, leaving room for speculation, mental gymnastics, and endless lovely discussions by people like us!

Just me humble rntingish opinion...
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 05:12 PM   #12
Thorongil
Hobbit

Gimli

Find out about the Isari in Unfinished Tales
Thorongil men called him in Gondor,the Eagle of the star, for he waskeen eyed, and wore a silver star upon his cloak, but none knew his true name nor in what land he was born.He came to Ecthelion from Rohan, where he had served King Thengel, but he was not one of the Rohirrim. He was a great leader of men, by land or sea,but departed into the shadows whence he came, before the days of Ecthelion were ended.
Thorongil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:02 PM   #13
Ñólendil
Elf Lord

My only real gripe with the romance is the inadequate explanation of the Dunlending/Rohir feud, though it is explained elsewhere I think the LotR would be improved by its inclusion. Perhaps it could be explained to Gimli on their journey to the Hornburg.
Old 01-03-2002, 08:21 PM   #14
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Well, you guys know me.

There would be BARANAVAIR. Please note the proper plural use Inoldonil

Maybe some BARANOLDOR. Did I get that correct? ( though probably harder to EASILY fit into Tolkien's world that the former and the following)

And since Bor and his sons where dark skinned AND loyal, some of his people would have gone to Numenor and have been among the Faithful so there would have been some BARANDUNEDAIN.

And of course, there would be the deleted scence where Harry Potter and his two pals from the movie accidently transport themselves to ME and all get hideously slaughtered by the Witch-King.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:23 PM   #15
Pailan
Elven Warrior

Some mushroom recipies would be fun

But seriously, I always wanted to read about the journey from the Grey Havens. To see how Frodo and Bilbo were received there. To find out why Galadreil took so long to leave ME.

I guess I just never want the story to end.

"Who knows, Robin? This strange mixing of minds may be the greatest single sevice ever performed for humanity! Let's go, but, inconspicuosly, through the window. We'll use our Batropes. Our job is finished."

Oh, btw, Frodo lives.
Pailan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 08:54 PM   #16
ChildofEru
Hobbit

after reading lort i longed for more knowledge of the elves. then i started to read sillmarillion (1/2 way though it)
ow... its like reading the bible only with elves and valar
lots of info though which is good
the grey havens is my only wish now.
Old 01-03-2002, 09:03 PM   #17
emplynx
Self-Appointed Lord of the Free Peoples of the General Messages

I would like to have read more about people and daily life of the shire.
emplynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:09 PM   #18
Schvenn Of The Schack
Hobbit

Thanx for all the ideas!

I'm now going to incorporate all of your ideas into a TV sitcom that I'm writing right now!!!
hehehe

:: ducking, running and dodging as I leave ::
Schvenn Of The Schack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 09:33 PM   #19
ChildofEru
Hobbit

has anyone ever had to the urge to create a hobbit society?
like find a bunch of homless midgets with hairy feet and give them all the tools needed to be hobbits?

i havnt either.....
Old 01-03-2002, 11:30 PM   #20
Renille
Elven Lady of Speed-posting

No, but there is such a thing as the Shire! It's in Illinois, and I've seen it twice in the past week. (Okay, so it's a company that's called 'Shireland,' I saw the billboard out the car window, and I think it has to do with horses or metal or something rather than hobbits. But it did say Shire.
(from Seussical the Musical. Listen to it...watch it...really.)
Renille is offline   Reply With Quote