Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-16-2002, 01:27 AM   #1
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Fofa

We had FOFA (Friends of the Fine Arts) tonight. It was great fun, and I figured I'd bring it up.

I was in choir, jazz choir and Reader's Theater (acting when you read from the script on the stage). In RT I played Chicken Licken, the stupid neurotic chicken that dies when the table of contents falls on her, and the hare that grows his (yes, his) hair.

There was also a few great local bands there, which I am now enamored with. Should I start a band? Anyone want to join it?

Old 02-16-2002, 02:39 AM   #2
Nibs
Head Hollara

A band? Does the fact that I'm in Utah diminish my opportunity? I don't play an instrument or anything, but I do play around with a program that makes spiffy stuff. If this works, see how you like it. It was one of my first ones.

Ever heard of Mormons? I'm one. Click here to know more about us.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 02:53 AM   #3
Nibs
Head Hollara

Mea culpa

My computer decided it hates me... oh, well... I could e-mail it to you if it suits your fancy.
Nibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 03:59 AM   #4
anduin
Entwife

Quote:
Reader's Theater (acting when you read from the script on the stage).
We have something similar to this where I work, but we call it Critic's Circle. Actors get together to read aloud a script that we are considering for the up-coming season. Was it for something like that?

Quote:
There was also a few great local bands there, which I am now enamored with.
What kind of music did they play? I love going to see live music...local or otherwise. Louisville has a great music scene. Hmmm, has anyone anywhere ever heard of Adrien Belew? King Crimson? The Bears? Psychodots? The Raisins?
anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2002, 11:17 AM   #5
Starr Polish
Elf Lord

Location: Slow down and I sail on the river, slow down and I walk to the hill
Psychodots? ::laugh::

Reader's Theater is the actual performing of a play, but every character has a script in hand. It's done for large group speech, and no costumes are allowed, and when you aren't saying a line, you have to be behind the other actors. The scripts pages have to be turned at the same time, and you aren't really allowed to mess up or points get docked (though we did get a 1, even though our narrator said "Eat the baby" instead of "Eat the porridge"). This year we did "The Stinky Cheese Man".

Well, according to their website, this local band (Stuck With Arthur) does rock, punk, and experimental. From their downloads, I'd say it's more rock and experimental.
Old 02-16-2002, 01:01 PM   #6
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

That sounds like a Fairly Stupid Tale, Starr.

]: )
Old 02-16-2002, 09:20 PM   #7
galadriel88
Halfwitted Queen of Lothlorien

Cool Starr! I love all kinds of stage performances and take voice lessons. I would love to join your band & sing, except that I live pretty far away fom Iowa.....Sorry I can't tell exactly which state I live in, rents won't let me....

+Every good thing that comes into my life is only a reflection of the greatest gift of all; the offering of yourself, dear Son of God+

Always remember, you're uniqe, just like everybody else!

"The one constant through all the years has been the Trombone. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. Its been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again, but the Trombone has marked the time. This field, this section, this band is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and could be again. Oh, people will come . . . people will most definitely come."
galadriel88 is offline   Reply With Quote